Epliouge -

(six years later)

Jesse blinked tiredly at the ceiling, then looked back to the side of the bed. James lay in a bed next to Jesse, his left foot strung up in a tangle of suspension equipment.

"Feel okay?" He asked softly.

"My arms are frozen in one position." She replied. "Not that I mind." James reached over and stroked a finger along Ruka's cheek where she lay in Jesse's arms. The newborn blinked at him, yawning a bit.

"How's your foot doing?" Jesse asked.

"I wish I'd known I was going to break my ankle before now." he groaned. "But hey. What were the chances that I would get my foot caught between the elevator doors?"

"Very many chances considering that we're talking about you." Meowth laughed. The cat Pokemon was sitting next to Jesse on the bed, holding Ryer.

"I bet you're the only new father in this hospital who's stuck in traction!" he snickered.

"It's my foot, not my arms." James said. "Can't I hold him yet?" He whined, holding out his arms toward Meowth and Ryer. Meowth got a sad look on his face. "But he's so cute..." he whined.

"Here." Jesse passed Ruka to James. "Hold your daughter awhile." James cuddled Ruka in his arms. "We have something in common you know." he said to her. "We're both nearly immobile and helpless." Jesse laughed.

"Her more than you." she said.

"Just don't sing any lullabyes and I think these kids will survive you." Meowth said.

"Well they have to live till they're at least sixteen." James said.

"Yeah." Jesse said. "Or they'll never meet us."

THE END

Authour's Rant- I hope you all like my story. It's the first fic witten in chapters that I have which is finished and on the net. I'm happy to recieve any feedback from readers but please don't flame me, even if you hated it. And special thanks to Acro who was the first person to post my fic on his site. Thanx Acro!

I hope you enjoyed it. I'll probably be doing another Team R story soon, maybe using the Japanese version (Musashi/Kojiro/Nyase etc.) but don't get your hopes up. I usually write a lot slower than I did this time. Ja ne! Laters! Luv ~*~Pika-Chan~*~

Back