The Next Team Rocket - Part Two

by Pika-chan

Chapter Three - Believeablitiy

Misty stood up from under the tree where she Ash and Brock had been sitting with Team Rocket and the supposed Team Rocket Two from the future.

"Well this has all been very interesting but I do not believe that I married Ash, that Brock got Nurse Joy and I defintely don't believe you guys are from the future." She said, looking right at Ruka and Ryer.

"It's been a great charade but you can stop pretending to be Jesse and James kids now. How about you go wash the dye out of your hair and leave us alone." Ruka gaped at her. "You don't believe us?" she asked, her lower lip quivering.

"I can prove we're from the future." Ryer said angrily, standing up to face Misty with one fist clenched.

"Sorry, I wouldn't believe anything you showed me." Misty said and turned away. "Ash? Brock? Are you coming or what?"

"Sorry but I agree with her." Ash said, getting up and carrying Pikachu with him. "I think I must've gone nuts if I married her." Brock groaned. "I'm afraid I don't believe you really either." Brock said.

"It's nice to imagine I married Nurse Joy but realistically I doubt it." He got up and began to walk off with the other two. James sat up straighter and shouted indignantly. "Fine! Don't believe them! We believe them!"

"I knew you'd agree Dad!" Ruka cried, throwing her arms around his chest. James turned red. "Um...You're welcome."

"Actually." Jesse said. "Misty brings up a good point. How can you prove you really are our kids from the future?" Ryer pulled a collection of laminated pictures out of his back pocket. "I have these pictures. Uh....lemme just find the right ones... Me and Katie, Softball Playoffs, Ruka and the Quads swimming, Dad buried in pile of sand, Mom in odd outfit, Evolution Mountain Pokemon Convention..Ah ha! Here it is!" Ryer passed the picture to Jesse.

"Hey! That's me and James!" She cried. The picture featured her and James grinning and hugging each other. They were standing in front of a large blue building with 'Gemini Gym' printed over the door in silver letters

"Meowth took that for you when you opened the gym." Ryer said. "You have yet to be defeated on hometown ground. Dad's Growlie is legendary."

"Growlie's back!?!" James exclaimed excitedly.

"He ate the petals off your old fiance Jessebell's Vileplume and then ran away from home." Ruka laughed. "He found you and he's been battling with Arbok, Wheezing and Likitung at the gym since."

"Yay! I get my Growlie back!" James cheered.

"I don't know why you didn't bring it with you when you left home the second time." Jesse grumbled.

"He's too used to civilized life. He wouldn't like tromping around in the woods with us." James stated.

"You know this is kinda boring sitting here talking. Wanna do something?" Ruka asked.

"I have an idea!" James said.

Chapter Four - Balloon Ride

"It's been a while since I've seen to ol' Rocket balloon." Ryer said, stroking his hand along the edge of the basket.

"Yeah." Ruka grinned. "You stopped using it when Dad punched a hole in the floor trying to step on a bug." Jesse laughed.

"This is a really terrific view." Ryer breathed leaning out of the basket.

"Oh isn't it?" Mew agreed seating herself next to him.

"I never liked it much." Meowth stated. "It's all the same. Fields, fields, fields."

"And cities!" Ruka cried. "Check it out! It's Satrudo!" All the Rockets rushed to the side of the balloon basket.

"Wow! Is that ever beautiful!" Jesse exclaimed.

"Look at all the water!" James said.

"HOME!" Ruka and Ryer wailed and began crying unconrtolably.

"You really miss your home don't you?" Jesse said, turning to the sobbing teenagers.

Ruka and Ryer both nodded and sniffed deeply. "It's great being here, and no offense, but we really do need to find a way to get home." Ruka said. Jesse and James nodded at each other. "We do need to send you back to the future. You belong there."

Ryer began crying again. With and instinct she couldn't explain Jesse pulled him into a hug and stroked his back till he calmed down. "We'll get you back. Don't worry." she crooned.

Meowth called out from the controls. "Guys. We need to touch down. The balloon's running out a fuel."

"Come on. Let's look around Satrudo a bit before you have to go." James pleaded.

Ruka sighed. "Okay Dad."

Chapter Five - Adventure

"There's an arcade there in the future." Ryer said pointing to a vacant lot.

"It's got the coolest game." Ruka said.

"Oh yeah!" Ryer grinned.

"Shadow Ninja." Ruka said.

"Radiers of the Doom Shrine." Ryer said. They both looked at each other and glared, about to argue over which was cooler, when a voice interrupted them.

"Excuse me?" The four humans and two pokemon looked up to see a young woman standing across the road from them. She wore purple jeans, a baseball cap and a T-shirt with a purple denim vest.

"I'm Mora. Looks like you have some Pokemon there." she said, grinding a stone under one sneakered toe. "What are the chances you'd like to battle?"

"I'd love to." Ruka said. "Me too. If you'd mind double teaming."

"Sure. Yo! Jusso!". A boy much older than Ryer clamped his hand down on his shoulder. He gave a deep grunting laugh from underneath the baseball cap perched on his thick head. "Hey." he said.

"This is my big bro Jusso." The girl smirked. "You can battle with him." Ryer took a battle stance a few feet from Jusso. "Fine." Ruka took her place back to back with her brother. "Fine." Jesse and James retreated to the side of the court with Meowth.

"They're gonna get mashed." James whispered nervously.

"Now James. We don't know that." Jesse consolled, but clung to him tightly.

"I choose......Vulpix!" shouted Mora. A Vulpix appeared between her and Ruka.

"Terrific!" Ruka cried. "Come battle.." she raised her pokeball into the air spinning on her toe and flinging the pokeball. "Squirtle!" Squirtle appeared in stand off position facing Vulpix.

"Vulpix! Flame spinneret!" The little Pokemon threw a blast of fire at Squirtle.

"Squirtle! Ruka called. "Agility/Water Spout!" Squirtle jumped deftly away from the spirals of fire from Vulpix and threw a blast of water right down it's throat. Vulpix coughed and staggered back.

"Go Ryhorn!" Jusso called. Ryer laughed defiantly as the Pokemon appeared. "Ekans go!" he called. The two pokemon took stand-off position.

"Ryhorn! Charge!" Jusso commanded.

"Ekans! Acid!"

As the Ryhorn came thundering toward him Ekans released a blast of acid from it's mouth. The larger pokemon stopped and flopped onto his bottom, looking cross eyed at it's melted horn. The creature's eyes welled up with tears. And it began to scream. Tears poured from it's eyes like waterfalls.

"Ryyyyyyhooooorrrrrrrnnn!" it thundered.

"Don't cry Ryhorn, it's okay." Jusso stuttered, calling his Pokemon back.

Jesse and James jumped on the sidelines. "They won!" Jesse cheered.

"Alright! Our kids aren't faliures like us!" James shouted happily.

"Vulpix!" Mora cried, she glared at Ruka. "I...I want a rematch!" she shouted, angrily.

"Okay, you choose second." Ruka said and called up her Raichu.

"Um..." Mora sat frozen for a moment next to her. "I meant another time." she mumbled. "Vulpix is too weak."

"You only have one Pokemon?" Ruka asked. Mora nodded. Jusso did too. "One each that's all." he rummbled.

"And I'm afraid we don't have any badges to trade you for winning, either."

"Well that's okay you can consider it a training session." Ruka said waving her hand and calling back her Raichu. "Everyone needs practice." Mora smiled at her a bit. "Thanks. Hey, what's wrong with your Squirtle!" Ruka spun to see Squirtle behind her glowing a bright white. As the light engulfed his body his form changed.

"He's evolving!" Ruka cried with glee. As the Wartortle appeared in front of her Jesse and James came out from the side of the road. "Wow!" James exclaimed. "That's amazing!"

"Wartortle!" the little monster cried, jumping into Ruka's arms.

"Oh, Squirt!" She smiled. "I knew you'd elvolve sooner or later!" She hugged her pokemon to her chest. "Yea! I've got a Wartortle!"

Part 3

 

Back